Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Weekend Wanderings

For all of those that think that horses have no personality and can remember people. . . You are full of horse crap!

We made the trek down from Wyoming to the crowded freeways of Utah this weekend.




It was for a family reunion. Now I will not bore you with the millions of pics I took of that. Yeaaaah!!!! But I will post one pic memorializing the experience.

What is this? you ask. A couple of hummingbird moths. . . Joined. . .

All of the little kids made me trek out through the poison oak to look at them.

Hey, I have to get my kicks from somewhere. The Mr. and I were in the cabin with all of the little kids (ours? we sent with the grandparents, thinking that we were really smart -- yeah, right)
We had not taking into consideration that little kids wake up in the middle of the night screaming. My mares can handle all of the babies from now on, let me tell you!

We went to the barn to visit Bart. Now for those of you that need a refresher course, Bart is Belle's Brother and teammate. He is one of the best carriage horses on the street. His long Clydesdale legs eat up the distance and he is ready, willing, and able to work and work hard. He is also gorgeous.


He has an incredibly long forelock and beard. Belle does have a nicer mustache, though.
BELLE



I walked out to the corrals. I called Bart over. He immediately started walking towards me. He is not dumb. People calling his name generally have a treat.

Then he slammed on the brakes, gave me a very disgusted look, and walked away. He is still holding a grudge. He is furious with me for taking away Belle. BELLE


It doesn't help to tell him that it is my goal to have him up there in Wyoming, too. He likes his job and is not willing to retire yet. As much as I want him, I would hate to have anything happen to him to force him to retire. So I can be patient. I really need a new job before I pick up any more horses anyway. Maybe the hubbie will have to become Bart's personal Assistant. Yeah, right.

We are hoping to finally close on the horse property at the end of the week or early next week. We need to repair a lot of fence, but it should be worth it. I am busy packing (I still need to empty out my classroom) and playing with the 3 horses (Babe is still out to pasture), 1 dog (his coat is growing)1 cat (very angry that her owner is gone AGAIN to Utah, 2 rabbits (still only 2 Yeah!) 2 fish (way cool, too).

No word yet on the interview with Jackson Academy.

1 comment: